The National Small Business Association released its 2013 Small Business Technology Survey, which shows that more and more small businesses are relying on cloud computing and mobile devices to improve how they do business. Here are some of the key findings.
- 43 percent of small businesses are using cloud computing, up from just five percent in 2010.
- 60 percent of small businesses allow employees to telecommute, up from 44 percent in 2010.
- 74 percent of small businesses use smartphones, up from 57 percent in 2010.
- 41 percent of small businesses use tablets. The first iPad was just being introduced in 2010.
- 70 percent of small business owners believe keeping up with new technology is important to the success of the company, while another 27 percent say it’s somewhat important.
Small businesses are quickly ramping up their use of the cloud and mobile devices while recognizing the impact that modern technology can have on their bottom line. However, small businesses identified serious challenges related to their use of technology:
- Cost of upgrades (44 percent)
- Security (42 percent)
- Time required to fix problems (41 percent)
- Maintenance costs (36 percent)
- Breaks in service (30 percent)
- Lack of expertise (26 percent)
- Response time from external tech support (18 percent)
Many small businesses may recognize the value of the cloud to a certain extent, but these challenges indicate that most small businesses have yet to identify a solution that enables them to take full advantage of the cloud. One such solution is Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), which addresses every one of these challenges, helping small businesses reduce costs, maximize productivity and make better use of in-house IT resources.
How does IaaS from Atlantic-IT.net overcome the technological concerns mentioned above?
No capital outlay for upgrades. With IaaS, all network technology is owned and hosted by the service provider. This moves total cost of ownership, including the cost of upgrading all network hardware, software and applications, to Atlantic-IT.net.
Top-notch security. Security is remotely managed and monitored, utilizing the most up-to-date firewalls, malware and spam blocking, data encryption and other security mechanisms.
Fast, effective fixes. Instead of relying on an overworked IT manager to put out every fire, our team of certified engineers and technicians can quickly troubleshoot and correct problems.
No maintenance costs. Proactive maintenance of IT infrastructure is our responsibility, not yours.
Optimal performance. Your business will be utilizing our state-of-the-art servers, storage and other technology, which we monitor 24×7 to ensure that your network is always available and reliable.
Proven expertise. Our team of highly qualified engineers and technicians will provide all of the expertise you need and then some.
Response time from external tech support. Our support center isn’t staffed by call-center employees. Certified and trained personnel provide support and solve problems quickly, making Atlantic-IT.net your single source for both IT solutions and support.
As your outsourced IT department, Atlantic-IT.net can help you identify what cloud-based services and applications you need based on your specific business requirements – now and in the future. Then, we’ll implement an IaaS solution that lowers capital and operational costs and moves your business forward.