Are you able to handle multiple tasks?
Are you highly driven, highly organized and ready for your next challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Atlantic-IT.net is an IT company that provides outsourced IT services and support for organizations throughout New Jersey and New York that do not have an internal IT department. We are our clients’ IT department — we are responsible for ALL their IT assets and for ensuring our clients’ IT is aligned with their business strategy.
The IT ADMINISTRATOR will provide project management expertise and technical leadership focused on the development and implementation of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget, and for meeting strategic business and technical requirements
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and tasks; develop business and technical requirements
- Manage the constraints of cost and schedule in line with project scope and quality
- Assemble project team, assigning individual roles and responsibilities
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives and ensure communication of project goals and business direction to project sponsors
- Consult with management on an ongoing basis, to maintain a strategic link to business needs
- Establish effective communications between project team and assure compliance with project management policies and standards; undertake regular reviews to ensure that all projects are on track in terms of quality, timescales and deliverables; report progress to management on a regular basis
- Ensure all project-level risks and key project milestones are identified and tracked, and affirm that all risks and issues are resolved
- Ensure any changes that need to be escalated are executed appropriately — mainly changes that will affect schedule, scope or budget
- Develop a communications plan tied to ongoing project
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, or equivalent experience. The successful individual will possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Specify application requirements based on business objectives
- Microsoft Windows 2003 , Outlook 2002 , later Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS Backup solutions
- Disaster recovery for Exchange and Active Directory
- LDAP. SMTP, email security
- Network bandwidth analysis, hardware disk architecture, sizing and capacity planning
- Working knowledge of telecommunication and networking technologies including the following is preferred: MPLS, TCP/IP, Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, IP addressing, SSL certificates
- MS Project or similar tools
- Change management and control
- Proven effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with users
- Excellent organizational skills with regard to work prioritization, reporting and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate appropriately with upper management and stakeholders; know when to discuss details, make decisions and escalate issues
- Problem resolution and negotiation; excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead, deliver and support IT projects in a rapidly changing business climate
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to end users in an understandable manner
We value our employees and their time — we offer a comfortable corporate culture and an outstanding salary and benefits package!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume to: HR@atlantic-it.net