Organizations are quickly embracing cloud computing, mobile platforms and big data analytics with an eye toward increased efficiency, flexibility, productivity and customer satisfaction. All too often, however, they lack the in-house IT skills necessary to fully exploit these technologies.
As a result, organizations are realizing just 43 percent of the business potential of their technology investments, according to a global survey of CIOs by Gartner, Inc.’s Executive Programs. One major obstacle is the supply of skilled IT labor, which hasn’t kept pace with technological innovation.
More than half of the executives responding to a global survey by IT industry group CompTIA expressed concern about the quality and quantity of IT talent available for hire. They fear that without the right people with the right IT skill sets, they could miss the opportunity to gain competitive advantage from this new wave of technology.
This shortage of IT talent has left many companies scrambling to manage and maintain their IT infrastructure. IT departments that are spread thin tend to spend more time putting out fires and find it difficult to establish and follow operational best practices.
Working with Atlantic-IT.net is a good way to close the skills gap and avoid falling behind. For a predictable monthly fee, Atlantic-IT.net provide access to expertise, skill sets, technology tools and intellectual property that can be cost-prohibitive in the open market. In addition, our managed services programs allow organizations to offload some background IT tasks in order to better allocate their own internal staff resources for strategic projects and core business activities.
The business case for managed services can be summed up in these key points:
- IT is critical to most business operations, but IT operational tasks are probably not among the core business activities that make the organization successful. Managed services enable companies to out-task basic IT functions such as maintenance, updates, security patching and more — allowing increased attention to management and strategic initiatives.
- Cost-efficiency. Managed services are delivered for a predictable monthly fee based upon the work performed and the results produced. Organizations gain significant cost savings through greater productivity, increased uptime, more efficient operations and reduced personnel costs.
- Flexibility. Managed services allow IT services to be ramped up or scaled down as needed to meet changing business requirements.
- Forget about job listings, interviews, job training or learning curves. With managed services, the outsourced IT team already has the skills needed to hit the ground running. And they’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to meet mission-critical requirements.
- Operational maturity. Atlantic-IT.net employs best practices that ensure critical maintenance is performed regularly and uses automated tools that minimize human error.
Atlantic-IT.net, your outsourced IT department, relieves IT operational burdens and gives you ready access to the knowledge of our experienced engineers. Let us fill your IT skills gaps and ensure that all critical components of your IT infrastructure are ready and able to meet your business demands.